This time we get to know Florian Oefner. Thank you so much dear Florian for your time and your inspiring answers! Enjoy!
1. Which situation or book changed your perspective on life?
In the San Francisco airport I picked up a copy of „The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck“ by Mark Manson and read it in one go during the flight. It showed me that all those thoughts in my head were ok, there was nothing wrong with me and helped to focus on what actually matters.
2. Which 3 words are most powerful for you and why?
Love – I see love as the opposite of fear and think all the best things are motivated by love. For oneself, others or the planet
No – Nothing is as powerful in communicating who you are and what you want than this. I still struggle with this.
Presence – I think presence is the key to actually living. Without it, you could have the most beautiful life and you wouldn’t know.
3. What is your mental timeout?
1. Meditation in the Morning 2. Cooking and subsequently a really good meal 3. Sports – Surfing, the gym, soccer, climbing. Everything where the circumstances force you to focus on one thing only
4. What does seek more than just success mean to you?
If you just seek success you seek external validation, which I.m.h.o is always based on the fear that if you don’t achieve this or that (success) you will not be loved and not worthy. I try to base everything on love. Love for creating things for instance. This loves brings me to do the activity over and over and try to better every time, out of pure joy. If this leads to success it’s a bonus.
If you want to follow Florian, you can find him on Instagram.